ADVENTURE AWAITS SOLD OUT!
Tickets for our Adventure Awaits celebration this Thursday, February 28, are officially SOLD OUT! Here in one handy place are last-minute details for those planning to attend:
- Arrival time: between 5:30 and 6 p.m.
- Tickets: purchased online, claim at will call; purchased from front desk, bring tickets
- Attire: business casual (but why not dress up as your favorite world traveler?)
- Tours: Students will be available for guided tours, but returning families should feel free to walk guests through our academic wings before 6 p.m. and after 8:30 p.m.
- Seating: 16 round tables with chairs; 15 high-top tables w/o chairs; chair clusters of four throughout the room
- Formal start: 6 p.m.
- Formal finish: 8:30 p.m.
- Coat check: free
- Parking: free
- Payment for auction items: checks preferred, but cards can be processed
- Live/silent auction goal to go to scholarship: $22,000
WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN?
We’re opening the Atrium wall and combining it with the Performance Hall to create one giant room in which there’ll be multiple food stations with cuisine inspired by different parts of the world. There’ll be a combination of student art projects and silent auction items scattered throughout the hall, as well as two stages on which we’ll treat you and your guests to musical, dramatic, and inspirational presentations from students, staff, and parents stemming from their experience of classical Christian education at Petra.
This will not be your typical “seat and eat” kind of banquet; rather, we’ll have 15 high top tables for folks to mosey to and from, as well as round tables with chairs when you need to take a break. We want you and your guests to be up and mobile, socializing as you go, checking out the silent auction items, enjoying one another, and making introduction to the Petra community.
We’re bringing in Russell Damm (the in-stadium announcer for the MSU Bobcats) to serve as our emcee, and you’ll love auctioneer Nicholas Bennett, who will finish the evening with our silent and live auctions to help us raise $22,000 for our Petra scholarship fund. You and your guests don’t have participate in the auction, but we think it’ll be fun and you might want to anyway.
Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. so you can show your friends around the school, and we’ll keep them open afterward for a post-dinner tour as well. All in all, it’s going to be a great way to show off Petra, and you’re the key to your friends enjoying the evening.
WHAT ABOUT SCHOOL AND ELEMENTARY RECITATION THE NEXT DAY?
While school will begin at the normal time the day after (Friday, March 1), there will be no homework assigned that Thursday for Friday in any of our classes (Pre-K through 12th grade).
Also, as announced at our February elementary recitation, due to the proximity of the celebration, we have cancelled our March elementary recitation scheduled for Friday, March 1. Our next elementary recitation will be Friday, April 5.