We look forward to seeing you at Petra Academy this fall! School officially begins on Tuesday, September 5, but there are several important happenings across August of which to be aware:
– Tuesday, August 1, 3:45 p.m. is our monthly Board Meeting in the Petra Library (the Board took July off, as we do every year). Watch for your packet arriving via email.
– Monday, August 14 begins our 5th-12th grade girls volleyball (3:45 p.m.) and 7th-12th grade boys soccer (8 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.) Questions? Contact Athletic Director Tyler Ashley.
– Tuesday, August 15 is the deadline for families who elect to pay semi-annually or annually.
– Saturday, August 19, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. is our annual Petra Work Day. Petra families are invited to join members of our Admin Team in repairing all the vole and gopher holes in our playground, as well as trimming up the willow trees along Cottonwood. Bring wheelbarrows, shovels, trimmers, gloves, water, and a lunch; we’ll provide donuts, orange juice, and coffee!
– Wednesday, August 30, 7-8:30 p.m. is Petra Parent Orientation. All parents – new and returning – are requested to attend this important gathering to meet and connect together.
– Thursday, August 31, 1-3 p.m. is our Elementary Meet the Teacher PreK-6th grade students (with their parents) are invited to visit their classrooms and meet their teachers before school starts. (Note: Classrooms assignments will be sent by August 15.)
– Thursday, August 31, 1-3 p.m. is our Secondary Locker Setup Secondary students are invited to outfit the inside of their lockers before school starts.
Downloadable school forms and supply lists for 2017-18 are here.
Petra’s offices will remain open Tuesdays-Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. throughout August. (Important note: Staff Orientation will be taking place Monday-Wednesday, August 28-30, from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., during which staff will be unavailable without an appointment outside of those times.)
Finally, CTP test results and Petra Academy yearbooks will be available for pick-up in our office beginning Tuesday, August 1. New and returning families, be sure to grab your new Griffin car decals when you come in!
We look forward to seeing you soon as part of Petra Academy’s 22nd year.
PS: If you have not yet signed your tuition agreement or paid fees, please do so no later than August 15. Questions? Contact Business Manager Tosha Bos.