Petra is hiring! Available positions for 2018-19 are:
- 1st Grade Teacher (8 a.m.-4 p.m., 5 days/wk)
- Art Teacher (12-4 p.m., 5 days/wk)
- Athletic Director/P.E. Teacher (8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 5 days/wk)
- Boys JV/Varsity B’ball Coach (November-February; 3:45-5:30 p.m., 5 days/wk)
- Boys 5th-8th B’ball Coach (November-December; 3:45-5:30 p.m., 5 days/wk)
- Girls JV B’ball Coach (November-February; 3:45-5:30 p.m., 5 days/wk)
- Girls 5th-8th B’ball Coach (January-February 3:45-5:30 p.m., 5 days/wk)
Kids run the risk of going through life in a state of slumber, preoccupied with what they love (even when what they love is not always best). They need to be awakened from beyond themselves with engagement that is full of affection, ancient in wisdom, and relevant to their understanding.
Petra Academy awakens love and wonder in our students through inspiring and rigorous academics, a growing array of artistic and athletic extra-curriculars, low teacher/student ratios, and a school culture dedicated to cultivating truth, goodness, and beauty. Take a tour and learn more!
Petra Academy will be closed all this week. Beginning the week of June 11, summer office hours will be Wednesdays and Thursday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., with Tours on Thursday continuing from 9-10 a.m. and 10-11 a.m. Administrative staff are available other days by appointment (individual email is best to coordinate). Petra will be closed the weeks of June 4-8 and July 2-6. Enjoy summer!
In our final week of school, here are the special events taking place at Petra Academy:
- Tuesday-Thursday, May 29-31: Secondary Semester Exams
- Wednesday, May 30: Kindergarten/6th Grade Graduation (8:35 a.m.)
- Friday, June 1: Final Assembly (10 a.m.)*/Graduation (7 p.m.)
*Families are invited to attend the Final Assembly on Friday, June 1, from 10 a.m.-11:45 a.m. on Friday, June 1. All students should be picked up no later than noon on Friday.
As we wind up the school year and prepare for summer, the Petra Board of Directors invites all Petra parents to an informational gathering this Thursday, May 24, from 7-8:45 p.m. The Board would like to respond to feedback gathered from the parent survey earlier in the year, as well as dedicate time for general questions and answers pertaining to next year from interested parents. (Note: As the weather is supposed to be nice, parents are welcome to bring children to play outside on the playground.)